Today has been a very interesting day. I have mixed emotions…from A-Z. This 48 hour homeless experience has been something like I never would have imagined. Folks this is nothing to joke about!
I wasn’t able to get blogging down quite like I envisioned. Nevertheless, I tweeted a great deal today from my phone as much as I could. I think the best way to to capture my thoughts is just to list them all out, so here we go:
- Thank you Lord for protecting me this day on the streets of Jacksonville
Thank you to my wife, you have been a constant support since the time I kept debating whether or not I should do this.
Pastor Gary Hall for supporting me to be who I am
- Mark Landschoot and Family Promise of Jacksonville: you’ve been behind this process since day one
- Homeless is no joke, this thing is for real
- Not everyone that’s homeless, decided to walk in this. BIG life changing stuff happens to people beyond their control.
- Too many students are living without a stable home environment
- I’ve discovered there are very limited resources in the Jacksonville Community to address this issue
- God can restore, and He’s doing it in lives as I write
- Being Homeless, honestly I felt Lost. It was like searching for a hand to help lift me out of a deep pit.
- Homelessness is very humbling, you have very little privacy
- H. can almost become depressing
- I don’t see how some people walk across the city all day just to survive
- Matthew 25:35-40 was sealed in my heart in a major way
- There are some good churches stepping up to the plate to PRACTICALLY address this issue
- When it’s raining and you’re homeless, you’re just stuck. I got really wet today.
- It’s not good enough to see a problem and not doing anything about it.
- Find out how you can help a cause and move forward! You Don’t wait on the masses
- Thank you to everyone who has been of encouragement and support via facebook and twitter.
- Family Promise is doing good things to support families… www.familypromisejax.org
Picture by Lorenzodom