Building a community is essential to any dream accomplishment. Without it, most efforts aren’t going very far. Not too mention, will have very little impact. As I write, I write not as one who knows from being successful what it is like. However, I write as one who knows that this is one of the key ingredients to achieving great success. Reflecting for a moment over some of my failures and the lessons learned when trying to do something bigger than myself I came up with a list that may be helpful to you.
1. Create momentum – consistent blogging can help with this
2. Build a Facebook Fan Page- creating the page is only part of the equation, building an awesome community is even better
3. Email subscription list- email is still effective, being able to get inside inboxes, with a call to action is key. The more emails, the better.)
4. Build trust via Twitter- enough said
5. Create great videos- videos help tremendously in the area of authenticity and building trust
Time and time again I should have used these keys. Did I miss something? I would like to hear your thoughts.