After the completion of my first successful crowdfunding campaign on Crowdtilt I am eager to do it again.
I learned a lot about a passionate group of people rallying around one single cause:
- The cause must be connected to something that matters.
- The cause must have a community of people that are connected to the cause that matters. I am part of Fizzle.co and most of us felt compassion towards Chase and his family because of his support as online entrepreneurs.
- This community must be willing to DO something about the cause that matters. Inside, the Fizzle community was already talking about helping the Reeves family before I launched the campaign.
- The community must have an easy/reasonable to target. Initially we set $100. By the time the campaign ended, we exceeded $450. 🙂
- The community MUST have a super easy way to give. This platform needs to have a low overhead fee. Also, the tool of choice needs to process the funds quickly.
Here are five quick points that I learned about a successful crowdfunding campaign. Hopefully, they will help you. Did I miss anything? What would you add?