I don’t think I’ve seen anything like A Mission Of Mercy in Frederick, Maryland.
All I can say is wow!
I really like their unique perspective on prenatal care.
According to their site:
Located in Frederick Maryland out of the Frederick Church of the Brethren, Mission of Mercy has treated expectant mothers and children of all ages since its inception in 1994. To handle the increase in demand for prenatal care, and to address the lack of available services in Frederick County, Maryland, Mission of Mercy launched a Prenatal Care Pilot Project in 2001. This included the recruitment of an obstetrician and expansion of its prenatal services. In 2002, MOM expanded its services further by recruiting a volunteer nurse mid-wife, establishing a separate waiting and examination area, increasing the clinics days, and increasing the patient load.
Mothers participating in Mission of Mercy’s Prenatal Care Program receive:
- A series of personal visits with a doctor and/or nurse mid-wife
- Supply of daily multivitamins and other necessary prescription medications
- Lab and diagnostic imaging services, such as fetal ultrasound and Doppler imaging
- Prenatal blood work, urinalysis and cultures
- Copy of complete medical records