As we prepare to close out 2009 and move into 2010 I’e been thinking about a post to close the year out. Unfortunately, I couldn’t think of just one- so here are my “5 Hopes.” They are as wide and varied as this picture.
Maybe I didn’t select the right picture, but it stood out for so many reasons. Often the church and believers are in a rapid current…where to- I wonder? Let’s keep our focus on God and leading people to him through Jesus.
1. I hope the church as a whole begins to be more of answer as opposed to constantly talking about the problem.
2. I hope the church becomes more of a place of change as opposed to competition.
3. I hope the church becomes more of a place that heals and helps as opposed to hinders and halts.
4. I hope believers around the world stand up for who we are as opposed to simply blending in for the sake of being called “relevant.”
5. I hope believers impact culture more than being influnced by it.
What are your hopes for the church in 2010?