If you’ve been following my tweets, you’ve probably noticed a frequent countdown of some sorts. Well the Oceanway Cleanup Project, or as I like to call it, Oceanway Appreciation Day,is almost here. I’m so pumped about for several reasons…
1. This is my first community service project in Oceanway (kinda sorta)
2. This is my first project as a High Impact Project Leader (I’ll explain more later)
3. I’m establishing relationships with wonderful people that I never knew before (I love people)
4. This is the first time in my life that I’ve planted Crape Myrtle’s (can’t wait to show you the pics)
5. For lack of words, I’m just pumped (smile)
These are all good reasons. But if the truthbe told asa church planter I’m beginning to realize the importance of PERSISTENCE. There have been a few times that I thought this project would not get off the ground. Doubt was beginning to set in…but this is where faith comes into play and your ability to fight through the tough places is necessary.
You’ve got be PERSISTENT! If God gave you a vision-stick with it. You will never be able to realize the awesomeness of God’s power if you keep starting and stopping.
I know we haven’t officially launched, but I thought I would give you a small nugget from my experiences as a church planter. Be persistent.