Now this is what I call Service Learning!
Tag Archives | Students
Have you ever heard of Epic Change? If not. You must see the impact that their making.
I found this organization after doing research for organizations doing Social GOOD. Continue Reading →
We’re in the Motor City today! In case you didn’t know that’s Detroit. I did a Bing search for youth serving organizations in Michigan. Many groups came up in the search, however, some stipulated that I give a minimum of $10. While I can understand the rationale behind controlled giving. I don’t think it’s the best way to manage donor relations.
There must be better ways to facilitate the process of giving. Continue Reading →
Idaho Drug Free Youth received $1 today. Keep up the great work IDFY!
Today, we’re in Hawai’i. Yes, that’s the correct spelling. Our focus continues to be on youth serving organizations.
The spotlight is on Family Program Hawai’i- The Excel Program.
eXcel initially concentrates on career and interest exploration, establishing goals, and learning basic independent skills. Support will be provided in the application process and completing financial aid and scholarship applications. Ongoing support will be provided throughout their college or vocational program.
It’s great that services like this exist to empower students beyond high school. With so many perceived odds against them, one might think that giving up is the only option. The will to reach higher is strengthened when you have a support system.
Some of their services include:
- Career and interest exploration
- Instruction in personal management and general social skills
- Increase and build upon identified strengths
- Support and guidance in preparation for further academic and vocational
- training at a post-secondary facility
- Support in choosing, applying, and enrolling in educational or vocational
- training programs
- Assistance in completing financial aid forms and scholarship applications
- Assistance with advocacy for appropriate accommodations and modifications, as needed
- Improve upon basic skills, study habits, and time management
- Monitor academic performance, educational advising, tutoring, training, and provide regular monthly contacts
Keep up the great work Family Programs Hawai’i !