I’m a husband of one wife and father of two toddler sons. I don’t know much about parenting. However, there are a few tips that I can share concerning things I’m certain of without a doubt. If you’re a parent , you know there are times when we make the wrong decisions and there are times we “hit the nail on the head.”As I continue to develop this blog I thought I’d share some lessons learned about being a Father. For more sound solutions always seek the Word of God and visit this site- The National Fatherhood Initiative.
These ten are definitely nail-hitters.
1. Children spell L-O-V-E as T-I-M-E.
2. It’s okay to visit your children at their birthday celebration during school.
3. How you respond to the stresses of life in their presence, will impact they way they handle stress.
4. Think before you speak.
5. Discipline should be firm and consistent.
6. Cultivate the gifts of your child by exposing them to positive, stimulating environments.
7. Showing affection to your wife will affirm their love and respect for her as “Mommy.”
8. Spending money on gifts is not a cure all. Riding bikes, a trip to the library, or spending time on the floor wrestling (gently) speaks volumes.
9. I believe in the “breath factor.” Some messages to our children should be shared so close that they can smell your breath. Remember, I have two sons 🙂
10. Be God-like in front of them. It may seem odd for me to mention this, but our children will see God first in us (good or bad). Since, we desire for our children to come into a loving relationship with God, we must first reflect HIS character before them.
I really didn’t want to type anything else after the “s” in Mays, but I must give credit to the site for the picture and I need to elaborate just a bit. Click here for credit info.
How much time do we waste? Too much. Many don’t realize it, but the key to managing your time is managing your actions. The key to managing your actions is managing your decisions. The key to managing your decisions is managing what you feed yourself about your purpose in life. The key to manage what you feed yourself about your purpose in life is controlling your thoughts.
Control your thought life and use every minute to Glorify God.