The school year is almost here. I have been thinking about ways I can incorporate social media into my classroom and add value to our teacher community. There are many platforms that could be used to increase student achievement. For this blog post I will stick with Twitter. How easy is it share in 140 characters or less? Very easy, in my opinion. Here is a quick list of seven ways you can integrate tweeting into your work as a teacher and professional educator. Let me know if this is helpful or if you would add something additional.
- Be accessible to parents to promote student learning
- Update my students about homework assignments
- Share resources with my colleagues
- Provide assistance for test preparation
- Have afterschool study sessions with hashtags around specific themes
- Share additional resources with students about world events with links to relevant, engaging news
- Share links to missed lessons for students when absent from class