This past weekend I took out some time to clean out old junk that I had intended to clean, but had neglected to do so. Much to my surprise I came across an old name tag from my time with Duval County Public Schools. It was a Jacksonville Chamber Of Commerce badge for the Downtown Council. One of my responsibilities was to help build relationships with local businesses to develop partnerships with schools. It was fun and frustrating at times to help bridge the gap between a not for profit entity (school district) and for profit entities (businesses).
More importantly, I reflected on a time when 100% of my energy was devoted to impacted the next generation. More so, I reflected on a different season in my life. Have you had those times of looking back?
If you don’t know where you’ve been, how can you know where you are going?
History is a powerful teacher if we are willing to learn.
Here is what I thought about as I took a few minutes to sit and think:
1. Our past is only a signal for the future
2. Be grateful for the relationships established as you pass through life
3. Soak in all that you can at every stage of life
4. Don’t allow your past to dictate where you are headed
5. It is OK to change courses in life
Did I miss something?